6.13.2011

Catching Up!

Well its been awhile since i have posted an update or pictures on what has been happening with us. Shame on me! I guess life with two little ones is a bit busier than with one. or at least i will use that as my excuse.

April and May have been great months spending time with family. In April we took a trip to Red Bluff for the annual Round-Up. The trip never disappoints and my parents put on a fabulous party for everyone to enjoy. Chris's mom and step dad, Al came this year and it was great to see them and share the experience with part of Chris's side of the family.



We also spent some beautiful spring days at home with the boys during the month and Blake was able to watch our new driveway being put in. What a thrill that was for him to to see the tractors going and the cement being poured.


In May we spent some great days in the backyard with the boys, spending time with friends at the park and we even hit up a San Jose Giants game one evening as well as spending a gorgeous day in Santa Cruz with some friends at the beach.




And last but not least we spent Memorial Day Weekend camping with family and friends up north. It was a little on the cold side this year, but its always a good time and something we look forward to every year.


Grayson is 5 1/2 months now which blows my mind. He is rolling over from back to stomach and stomach to back. I will lay him down on a blanket, walk out of the room and when i come back he has rolled across the room. He is so much more active than Blake was at his age. Its fun and interesting to compare. At Graysons 4 month appointment he was 15 pounds, which is exactly the same weight Blake was at that age. Blake was shorter though and looked much chubbier.

Blake is definitely acting his almost 3 year old age. I thought it was going to be the terrible two's but I'm guessing 3 is going to be so much more challenging. He has learned the art of back talking and pushes his limits daily. And on the other hand Blake is also one of the sweetest and funniest little kids I have ever met. His favorite thing to say to me these days is, "mommy you are the best". That comes right after I have found a missing toy, get him a drink of water, or whatever other task he asks me to do. I think i can manage the more challenging days if he keeps telling me how great I am. ;)

Enjoy all the pics, because there are a lot of them! And I will be back in a couple of weeks to tell you about June....Hopefully!

No comments: